Guest Blog by Lauren James, Rep Communications Director
Artworks is this Saturday!
This weekend is all about art at Arkansas Repertory Theatre. There will be a diverse collection of artwork from nearly 90 of central Arkansas’ most notable artists available in the annual auction—silent and live! Whether you’re just starting an art collection, need something to dress your walls or want to add a piece to your already stellar compilation, there is something for everyone.
Here is a look at some of the artwork that will be featured on Saturday. Take note!
B. Jeannie Fry – acrylic collage on paper and canvas
“Will to Run, Will to Win”
Barry Thomas – oil on canvas
Vicki Hendrix Siebenmorgen – oil on canvas
“I Dream of Sailing”
The silent auction will begin at 6:30 p.m. and close at 9 p.m., while the live auction will get started at 7:30 p.m. in The Rep auditorium with auctioneer Thomas Blackmon. The Rep is planning something a little different for the silent auction this year—we are using Bidpal. So, have your cell phones charged and ready to bid! If you’re planning to participate in the live auction, here is a look at the guest emcees who will be taking the stage with our auctioneer:
• Charlie Coleman, attorney with Wright, Lindsey and Jennings LLP and The Rep board member
• Alyson Courtney, KATV anchor
• Daniel Robinson, senior regional investment officer at Arvest Bank and The Rep board member
• Drew Mitchell and Amber Glaze, co-hosts of “HotMess in the Morning” on 106.7 The Ride
• Alan Rail, lead IT specialist at Southwest Power Pool
• Bridget Davis, former Young Artist at The Rep
• The cast of Hooking Up with The Second City
• Ali Barthwell
• Shantira Jackson
• Martin Morrow
• Casey Whitaker
Learn more about the history of the event as well as a look at a couple of the artists being featured and the food you can expect.
Tickets are $50 and can be purchased by calling Ronda Lewis at 501.378.0445 ext. 203.