Seven Hot Springs fine art galleries and studios celebrate the holidays + present It’s a Wonderful Life in Hot Springs – December 2-4.
Enjoy this special Holiday Gallery Walk – from 5-9 p.m. on Friday, December 2 – with art demos, book signings, ornament paintings, activities for children, refreshments, entertainment and more. It’s the perfect time to shop for original fine art offered by the Hot Springs fine art galleries and studios. Bring a non-perishable food item to donate to the Jackson House and “earn your wings.” Collection boxes for the donations will be available in participating galleries.
- Gallery Central will host a book signing for artist Linda Palmer’s new book, Champion Trees of Arkansas during the December Gallery Walk on Friday, December 2 from 5-9 p.m. On Saturday, December 3, Gloria and Bill Garrison will be painting on-site from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Gallery Central is located at 800 Central Avenue. For more information, call 501-318-4278.
- Alison Parsons Gallery will feature the one-of-a-kind mosaic creations by artists Suzie Burch and Erma Steelsmith; ornaments by LaLa and Alison Parsons; whimsical art by LaLa (formerly known as Lori Arnold); The Language of Love, visual stories of love and romance told in the paintings and ceramic artwork of artist Polly Cook; mobiles by Gerald Lee Delavan; wire sculpture by Kevin “Treeman” Chrislip; photography by Jim Pafford; along with paintings by Patrick Cunningham and Alison Parsons. Weather permitting, Patrick Cunningham will demonstrate the creation of his artwork outdoors during Gallery Walk and ‘The 2nd Annual Ugly Sweater Contest’ will be held during Gallery Walk evening. The gallery will be open 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday and until 9 p.m. during First Friday Gallery Walks. For more information, call Alison at 501 655-0604.
- Justus Fine Art Gallery will offer holiday refreshments during the December exhibit opening on Friday, December 2 from 5-9 p.m. and throughout the day on Saturday, December 3. Artist Dolores Justus will give a still life painting demo from 1-3 p.m. on Saturday, December 3. Justus Fine Art Gallery is located at 827 A Central Avenue. For more information, call 501-321-2335.
- American Art Gallery will host a pine needle basket weaving demonstration by artist Valerie Hanks-Goetz on Sunday, December 4 from 1-4 p.m. American Art Gallery is located at 724 Central Avenue. For more information, call 501-624-0550.
- A special event entitled Holiday Spirit at the AWG will be hosted at the Artists’ Workshop Gallery on Sunday, December 4 from 1-4 p.m. The festive event will feature live holiday music, elves, refreshments, a craft corner for children, family photo ops, and more! The Artists’ Workshop Gallery is located at 610 A Central Avenue. For more information, call 501-623-6401.
- Blue Rock Studio will host a demonstration on how to make your own Christmas Spirit Sticks on Saturday, December 3 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Blue Rock Studio is located located at 262 Hideaway Hills Drive. For more information, call 501-262-4065.
- Legacy Gallery will feature several activities during the Friday, December 2 Gallery Walk. From 5-7 p.m., the gallery will host a book signing for Anne Cooksey’s new book, Spirit Dad, starring Sam Harding – a teenage girl with a taste for vigilante justice. Come see why this book holds a 5-star rating on Amazon! Christmas caroling will follow from 7-8 p.m. and at 8 p.m., Carole Katchen will read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas. On Saturday, December 3 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., enjoy punch and Christmas cookies while painting Christmas ornaments with artists Carole Katchen and Elizabeth Weber. Bring your own paint and brushes, and the ornaments will be provided! Legacy Gallery is located at 804 Central Avenue. For more information, call 501-762-0840.