Guest blog by Junior League of Little Rock
Get ready, get set … and GO for a fun-filled fitness event! The Junior League of Little Rock hosts the inaugural Downtown Dash on Saturday, March 15.
This year’s event includes:
- A scenic course through downtown Little Rock, passing several JLLR Legacy projects and community landmarks
- A fabulous perks tent
- Technical and cotton event shirts
- A great running atmosphere
“The Downtown Dash will allow the Junior League of Little Rock the opportunity to further our mission,” says Mary-Margaret Marks, 2013-2014 President of JLLR. “Proceeds from this event will have an instrumental impact on the training opportunities provided to our members as well as the ability to promote our commitment to nutrition and wellness.”
This year marks JLLR’s 92nd year of service and proceeds from the event support the League’s seven community projects in Little Rock. As JLLR moves toward its 100th year, the organization will continue to execute a new 10-year strategic plan whose four goals are:
• Decrease childhood obesity in Pulaski County by increasing access to healthy foods and opportunities for physical activity
• Improve literacy skills among Pulaski County students by narrowing the readiness gap
• Secure our financial future through the growth of investments, endowments and sustainable fund development
• Establish JLLR as the premier source of female leadership development in Little Rock
Registration is available online at jllr.com/downtowndash through Thursday, March 13. For more information about the race, visit the website or contact Junior League of Little Rock at 501.375.5557.
The Junior League of Little Rock is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. JLLR.org