It’s National Mint Julep Day and we have a foolproof recipe!
This simple + classic cocktail doesn’t need to make an appearance solely during Derby days – armed with this easy recipe you will be sure to impress your guests and add a new staple to Spring and Summer parties!
- 3 oz. Maker’s Mark Kentucky bourbon
- 2 tablespoons mint syrup (recipe below)
- 1 sprig of mint
- Fill a glass or julep cup with broken or crushed ice
- Add mint syrup and hourbon
- Stir gently until the cup is frosted
- Garnish with a sprig of mint
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 13 sprigs of mint
Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan and boil for 5 minutes; do not stir. Pour over the 13 sprigs of mint in a heatproof bowl, gently crushing the mint with the back of a spoon. Chill, covered, for 8 to 10 hours. Strain, discarding the mint.
Celebrate MORE this season and submit your FAVORITE signature cocktail for a chance to win the Colonial Cocktail Contest!