While CARTI is known for its leading-edge cancer care, they are also known for the equally important support services they provide to patients and their families. One of those services is The Hope Bistro, located at the CARTI Cancer Center in Little Rock, which provides healthy, affordable meals for patients and guests.
In addition to preparing delicious food offerings each day, Chef Coby Smith of The Hope Bistro also provides recipes and cooking demonstrations to CARTI patients across the state through his video series, In The Kitchen with Coby. Chef Coby shared one of his newest recipes with us, Seared Tuna with Tomato and Edamame Salad, so you can make it for yourself at home.
- 2 Fillets of Yellowfin Tuna
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Tomato and Edamame Salad:
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 cup sliced in half cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 TB chopped garlic
- 1 sliced pickled onion
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and pour over the tuna. Allow to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, toast the sesame seeds for approximately one minute.
- Place sliced tomato in a bowl and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
- Add 1 tbsp. sesame oil to sauté pan over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add edamame to sauté pan, tossing with the garlic.
- Toss the edamame with the tomatoes, then add the pickled onions.
- Searing the Tuna
- Heat sauté pan to medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp. sesame oil, place tuna in pan and sear on each side for 90 seconds.
- Remove tuna from the pan.
- Add one cup of the marinade to the hot sauté pan.
- Add cornstarch slurry to marinade and bring to a simmer. When the sauce is thickened, remove from heat and pour over tuna.
For more recipes from Chef Coby Smith and The Hope Bistro, visit CARTI.com/Recipes.