The holiday season is in full swing. Already we’ve strung lights, hung garlands and, if we have kids at home, considered setting up blow-ups in the yard. Now, it’s time to spruce up our indoor decorations. For many of us, a tree is a no-brainer. But what about un-fir-gettable florals for our front entry hall, dining table or mantle? To help us deck the halls, Chris Norwood, AIFD of Tipton & Hurst is sharing how we can create a classic seasonal arrangement in five steps:
- Lay the greenery: Make a wreath or grid around the perimeter of a small or medium-sized glass vase with Christmas greens, such as pine or noble fir.
- Bring in the red: Add in pops of color with cut red roses on each side of the vessel, preferably at the north, south, east and west points of the grid.
- Incorporate traditional elements: Fill in the arrangement with holly or coffee berries between the red roses for a true Southern feel.
- Create a focal point: Set a white hydrangea or amaryllis in the middle of the vase to anchor the arrangement and add depth.
- Fa-la-la finish: To complete the look, place additional cut red roses in any remaining gaps of the grid.
Whether you choose to design your own arrangement or order one from Tipton & Hurst’s brand-new collection, make the most of being home for the holidays with beautiful florals.
For additional décor, stop by one of its three locations, where you’ll get $10 in Tipton & Hurst cash for every $50 spent. Or, visit tiptonhurst.com to take advantage of its free, no-contact local delivery on all purchases over $75.