Join the fun this Saturday, November 5th, at The Taste of Grace, Where Passion Meets Faith for an afternoon of food, festivities and, most importantly, friendship!
Presented by Bridget’s Cooking Club, chaired by Bridget Baltimore, and Apples of Grace, chaired by Takessa Hood, this event serves as a relaunch and celebration for both organizations – truly exemplifying how “all things are possible to those that love the Lord” while showcasing a wonderful example of true friendship creating magic.
Throughout the afternoon, guests will experience cooking demos featuring holiday food and desserts that will expand their knowledge and enhance their skills. Come, bring a friend and have a deliciously good time learning how to spice up TRADITIONAL holiday meals – enjoy entertainment, music, savory food tastings, delicious sweet treats, prizes and personal testimonies from Bridget and Takessat that inspire hope and build faith.
Join us at The Taste of Grace…it will truly be a luxury experience you don’t want to miss!
Takessa Hood and Bridget Baltimore
As a preview, we have included one of Bridget’s exclusive recipes. It’s also one of the dishes she will be demonstrating at Saturday’s event.
Southern Smoked Mac n Cheese
• 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 1 cup fat-free milk
• 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
• 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
• 4 ounces processed American cheese, cubed
• 4 ounces Smoked gouda
• 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
• 2 tablespoon of paprika
• 1 link (half of 13.5 ounce package) Smoked or Three Cheese Italian Style Premium Cooking Sausage, quartered and sliced.
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
2. Cook bacon until brown. Drain set aside for later.
3. Mix panko, parsley, and olive oil together in a bowl.
4. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
5. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk.
6. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
7. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
8. Stir in macaroni, paprika and sausage.
9. Spread panko mixture on top and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
10. Crumble cooked bacon on top with parsley.
Don’t miss this delicious event full of fellowship and friends – just in time for the holiday season!
For ticket information, contact Takessa Hood at 501-791-5056. Sponsorships and vendors are available.